GAIL (INDIA) LTD
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SECURITY EXECUTIVES
GAIL (India) Limited, a Navratna PSU, is looking for Security professionals
in the following grades:
1. EXECUTIVE TRAINEE (SECURITY) (GRADE: E-1)
Graduation, with 60% marks in aggregate. Diploma in Industrial Security will be considered an
Should have served as Commissioned Officer in the Armed forces or at an equivalent level in the
Para-military forces, preferably having experience in a security installation and Fire Fighting / First
Pay Scale: Rs.10750-16750/- (due for revision w.e.f. 01.01.2007).
Upper Age Limit: 35 yrs as on 01.03.2008 (relaxable by 5 yrs for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and
relaxation for Ex-servicemen as per Govt. Directives).
2. SR. MANAGER (SECURITY) (Grade: E-5)
Graduation Degree. Diploma in Industrial Security or/and Post graduate Degree will be considered an
Candidate must possess minimum 13 years of post qualification relevant executive experience. Out of
minimum 13 years of post qualification relevant executive experience, candidate must have at least 10
years experience as a Security Executive in Public Sector Enterprises / Large private sector
enterprises and at least 03 years experience as Commissioned Officer in the Armed forces or at an
equivalent level in the Para-military forces. Candidate working in Govt. / Public Sector must have
minimum one year experience in the next lower grade / pay scale. Preference would be given to
candidates working in OIL & Gas sector.
Pay Scale: Rs.17500-22300/-(due for revision w.e.f. 01.01.2007).
Upper Age Limit: 45 years as on 01.03.2008 (relaxable by 5 yrs for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and
relaxation for Ex-servicemen as per Govt. Directives).
1. All qualification must be from UGC recognized University / Deemed University or AICTE approved
Autonomous Institution (wherever applicable). The courses offered by Autonomous Institution
should be equivalent to the relevant course approved / recognized by Association of Indian
2. Relaxation in percentage of marks in Graduation will apply for OBC and SC/ST candidates.
Accordingly, the percentage of marks required will be 55% in case of OBC and 50% in case of
SC/ST. Wherever CGPA or letter grade in a Degree / Post Graduate Degree is awarded, equivalent
percentage of marks should be indicated in the online application as per norms adopted by University
3. Age relaxation by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PH candidates
3(a) Age relaxation by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and
4. In case of Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than six months continuous service in the Armed
Forces of the Union, they shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from their actual age,
and if the resultant age does not exceed by more than 3 years the maximum age limit prescribed for
the posts/ services for which a candidate seeks appointment, he/she be deemed to satisfy the
conditions regarding the age limit.
5. Candidates appointed at E-1 level will be placed under training for one year in the pay scale of Rs.
10750 – 16750/-. On successful completion of their training they will be placed in the pay scale of
Rs. 12000-17500/- with one year probation. Candidates appointed at E-5 level will be placed under
probation for one year in the pay scale of Rs. 17500-22300/- .
6. The Candidates employed in Govt. Department / PSU / Autonomous bodies must produce NOC at
the time of Interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate his / her candidature will
not be considered.
7. Company Benefits: Besides Basic Pay and DA, the company allows leased/Company
accommodation or HRA, free medical facility, reimbursement of conveyance expenses, leave
encashment, LTC, holiday home, PRISE, group insurance, provident fund, gratuity, contributory
pension, house building advance, conveyance advance, furnishing advance/PC advance etc. as per
rules of the company.
8. CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO APPLY ONLINE THROUGH WEBSITE:
www.gailonline.com. No other means / mode of application shall be accepted.
9. Candidate should possess a valid E-mail ID. All correspondence with candidates shall be done
through E-mail only. All information regarding Examination schedule / admit card / interview call
letters etc. shall be provided through E-mail. Responsibilities of receiving, downloading and printing
of admit card will be of the candidate. GAIL will not be responsible for any loss of E-mail sent, due
to invalid / wrong E-mail ID provided by the candidate.
10. Candidates belonging to General and OBC category are required to deposit Rs. 200/- towards
Application fees with any of the core banking branch of State Bank of India to the credit of GAIL
(India) Ltd., Current Account No. 30239708247, SBI, Bhikaiji Cama Place (Branch code: 7755)
and obtain a Host Trace Number which will be provided by the core branch of the bank. The
candidate is required to mention in the appropriate column in the application form, the SBI Branch,
date, city and the Host Trace Number. The candidate should also submit photocopy of the pay in slip
indicating name of the SBI branch, date, city and Host Trace Number at the time of appearing for the
interview along with the call letter. The fee amount of Rs. 200/- once deposited into GAIL (India)
Ltd’s account is non-refundable, even if the candidate is unable to apply on-line due to his own
problems or due to being ineligible at the time of applying, and in case the on-line application is not
accepted. Therefore, before depositing the fee amount the candidate should amply ensure that he /
she meets with all eligibility criteria. In no case, any refund of fees will be entertained.
11. Candidates will be required to submit System generated registration slip / application form, along
with true copies of all certificates and mark-lists / testimonials with regard to proof of age,
qualification, experience , caste / community (in case of SC/ST/OBC Candidates), photocopy of the
pay in slip (indicating name of the SBI branch, date, city and Host Trace Number in case of General /
OBC candidates), and NOC (in case employed in Govt. Department / PSU / Autonomous bodies) at
the time of Interview, if called for the same.
12. Relaxations / Reservations for SC/ST/OBC/PH as per Government Directives are applicable.
13. For claiming the benefit of Physically Handicapped, the candidates should produce Medical
Certificate issued by a Medical Board attached to the Special Employment Exchange / Vocational
Rehabilitation Centre for PH or Head of concerned Department of a Government Civil Hospital
satisfying the prescribed disability criteria. Candidates are required to submit the certificate in the
prescribed format at the time of interview in support of their claim. Prescribed formats have been
hosted at IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU APPLY ONLINE. In case, the
candidate fails to produce the certificate in the prescribed format, his / her candidature will not be
14. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC category should produce their caste certificate issued by Competent
Authority in the prescribed format at the time of interview in support of their claim. Prescribed
formats have been hosted at IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU APPLY ONLINE.
In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate in the prescribed format, his / her candidature
will not be considered.
15. GAIL reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards and / or relax age, experience
criteria in otherwise suitable cases. The Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any
of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
16. Only short listed candidates will be notified for interview. In case the applicant does not receive any
communication within 90 days from the date of publication of this advertisement, it may be
presumed that he/she has not been short listed for interview.
17. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any
dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of
Delhi Court only.
18. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not
entitle a candidate for interview. GAIL’s decision shall be final in this regard.