Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ERROR IN FETCHING METADATA FOR THE USER DEFINED FUNCTION

ERROR IN FETCHING METADATA FOR THE USER DEFINED FUNCTION

QUESTION:

I am stuck in a very strange situation and need you people advise on
the same. I have mapping which is using some user deifned functions.
When I copied the same to Test environment and run the mapping I go
the error "Error in fetching metadata for the user-defined function".
I am using Repository manager and copying the whole folder. I tried several
times then also I got the same error. I deleted the function in
test environment and again recreated the same, still mapping is getting
failed due to same error.
Now in DEV environment also the mapping is not getting validated in
Repository manager,with the error ""Error in fetching metadata for
the user-defined function [TO_STRING_11_2_SIGN]".the same mapping is
validate in the designer, now all the folders mapping which are using
this function are invalidate in repository manager. its like some
kind of virus spreading across everywhere.
Has anyone faced this kind of issue before and if yes whats the
resolution for this.
one thing I cannot do is recreate the function with different name because
its being used in lots of mapping.
I m using Informatica Powercentre 8.1 with SP1, I have already checked the knowledge base,
and tried the solution they have mentioned, first when I am exporting my workflows, and
checking the XML file, I can see the user-defined functions there, and also after importing it,
able to check the functions.The thing I am not able to understand is why informatica is giving
this error. Can anyone please throw some light on this issue and a possible workaround for this situation.

ANSWERS:

This is a known issue in informatica 8.1.1 . Please check the knowledge base 31194

No comments: